CATEGORY TWO: State Mandatory Reporters: Professional teachers, School Counselor, Principal, all school employees, Pre-school Director and his/her employees, and Clergy (Including Directors of Christian Education within the LCMS).
(NOTE: per State Statute 19-3-301, clergy are exempt from reporting only in situations of “clergy-penitent privilege” as defined in said statute.)
(1) Complete “Suspected Child Abuse Reporting Form” and report immediately to Social Services. A mandatory reporter cannot delegate this responsibility to his supervisor or anyone else.
(2) Written documentation to the caseworker at Social Services by the mandatory reporter must follow within 24 hours. All documentation should be marked “confidential”.
(3) If the mandatory reporter is not* the Preschool Director, School Principal or Senior Pastor, written documentation to the mandatory reporter’s supervisor (i.e. Preschool Director, Principal or Senior Pastor) by the mandatory reporter of the suspected abuse must follow within 24 hours. All documentation should be marked “confidential”.
(4) If the suspected perpetrator is the Preschool Director, Principal or Senior Pastor; the State Mandatory Reporter should report to any of the other individuals in this list.
* teachers, school counselor, all other school employees, preschool employees, and “called ministers of religion”.